A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Meet Tommy

A few weeks ago, I wrote that my Dad's cat, Jack, had passed away suddenly. It was a shocking and traumatizing time for my father because he was #1 the one who found Jack in his closet and #2 was home alone when this happened. This had never happened to my parents before since our other two cats who had passed before Jack had done so at the vet and because they were visibly sick.

The day after Jack's death, I emailed the rescue society that my parents adopted Jack from. They also adopted their 4-year old cat, Sunny from the same society. It's a network of people who foster the kittens and cats and then bring them to places like Petsmart and Petco for "adoption drives". They also have a website where you can apply to adopt a certain cat and then pick him/her up at the adoption drive. After I emailed, I got 3 responses from different board members expressing their condolences towards my parents. One lady who emailed me was the president of the organization, and the lady who fostered Sunny when she was a kitten.

In her response, she explained that she remembered my parents from the other two adoptions and could tell they were very caring with the animals, especially my Dad. She mentioned since she personally was picky about who adopts the cats, she had a little orange and white tabby boy kitten named Tommy T who she would offer to my parents exclusively since he wasn't "showcased" yet in the website and adoption drives. There was some email correspondence between her and myself, and my Dad and myself arranging the adoption. My Dad had made it clear that he wanted to adopt after the New Year because he didn't want the experience of a new house to be so traumatizing with a new sibling (Sunny), the Christmas tree and lots of people around at the same time. Well, that didn't really happen. There was an arrangement, after pictures were passed of Tommy to my Dad from the lady, that my parents would meet Tommy at an adoption drive, but the lady would hold him until after the holidays. Well...I met my parents at the Petco where the adoption drive was and my parents took Tommy home that day.

Jake and I got to spend some time with Tommy over Christmas, and he is such a little love. He's very playful and sweet, and best of all...he LOVES my Dad.

I managed to snap a photo of him with my cell phone in the midst of his playing. Sorry it's little blurry, but he kept moving. Tommy is now 13 weeks old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable.