A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, July 12, 2010

To Reach a Goal

For the past few years, I've been wanting to participate in Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I was on the fence about it for a long time, and was even more into it when my Grandmother passed away in May 2007 (4 days after Jake and I got married).

My grandfather passed away from Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma on December 19, 1992 when I was 8. He and I were very close and to this day I go to his gravesite every year at Christmas to let him know I still think about him and miss him.

My grandmother passed away from Lymphoma on May 23, 2007 after a years-long battle with the disease. She and I were not very close, but I did love her and I still miss her. She was always kind to me, and I regret not knowing her better.

Also, Jake and I have been wanting to join in on the Couch-to-5K program. I used to love walking and running when I was in high school and I do miss it. Walking/running is my exercise of choice. So in addition to starting the Couch-to-5K program, Jake and I will be participating in our first fundraiser walk with LLS. It's on October 9th in Walnut Creek, called Light the Night. I am inviting friends and more specifically, my family, to join me in honoring "Bud" and Mary in their memory by participating with me. I have to get more information, but I am proud that I'll be able to give something back to a great organization in the fight against these cancers.


Won't you join me?

No comments: