A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Farmers Market finds

Yesterday was the weekly Farmers Market in our little town. I enjoy Wednesday nights. It's a day to grab from freshly picked produce and talk to the people that live here as well. I usually don't purchase very much, but this time I went whole hog. I know exactly what I'm doing with what I got. Here's my list:

3 small green bell peppers
1 bunch green onions
2 broccoli bunches
2 artichokes
1lb bag of pistachios
6 pluots
3 white peaches
1lb mushrooms
5 large zucchini
2 ears of corn
1 very large bag of baby spinach
TOTAL: $20.00

That's right...$20 for all that. My arm was so tired from holding the bags that I'm still sore.

I love the farmers market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I hope you make some yummy stuff!