A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake

I haven't posted (or tried) a new recipe in a while. I saw this one on allrecipes.com and the only thing keeping me from making it was that I didn't have a tube pan. Bed, Bath & Beyond is awesome, I tell ya.


Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
Prep Time: 20 min, Cook Time: 1 hour = 1 hour 20 minutes total
16 servings
Recipe by Taste of Home & allrecipes.com, photo by Laurel Smith


1 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs, separated
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon butter flavoring (I didn't find this so I skipped it)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries


1. In a large bowl, cream butter; gradually adding sugar and mix well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

2. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and baking soda. Add alternately with flour to creamed mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites, extracts, butter flavoring and berries into the batter.

3. Spoon into greased 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until cake tests done.

Enjoy!

No comments: