A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Weekly video 2/13/09

I know on this Friday the 13th, many people are looking to the bad luck side of life hoping it won't touch them on this infamous day. The video I posted today is of a rather controversial issue: gay marriage. I am proud to say that I love my cousin and cousin-in-law so much and I'm so glad to see them so happy. I believe love has no bounds, or prejudice. I support them in anything and everything they do. I was proud to be there as they got married and I'm prouder still to have that diversity in my family.

This video was sent to me via email by a family member, and it really touched my heart. I believe (as I've said so many times before) that EVERYONE deserves to be happy. Who are we to take that happiness away from them? Kenn Starr (the guy who investigated Clinton in the sex scandal during his presidency) is now trying to get the government to forcibly divorce the thousands of gay and lesbian couples who were married between May and November of 2008, as that was the time that gay marriage was allowed in California. My cousins were among those people who were given something most of us take for granted. I love my cousins, because they are beautiful, smart, kind people and I'm so proud to be related to them. I love Katie and Lori...this is for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurel,

We love you, too! Thank you for your beautiful words and all your support!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,
Katie and Lori