A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rainy days are here again

Rain...it's wet, it's cold,and it is REALLY needed here in the Bay Area. Today there's a weather emergency advisory for thunder storms and hail. As long as those little drops of life-sustaining H2O keep comin',I'm all good.

I used to be so afraid of thunder storms. I would hide in my room, or cling to my parents begging not to be left alone. It wasn't until a friend of mine made me drive into the middle of one and just sit there and watch everything. After that night, I haven't been afraid of thunder and lightning. Now, I welcome it. I welcome the flashes of electricity reaching from the clouds to the ground. I welcome the roar of thunder coming from miles away. I guess living in Texas will be that much easier for me since there's thunder and lightning there all the time.

On our last night in Texas, Mother Nature decided to grace us with her presence through a classic Texas heat lightning and thunder cycle. The air was warm and humid, even at 10 at night. Jake and I pulled up the rocking chairs his Dad and Step-Mom have on their front porch. We sat and watched the storm from about 30 miles away. It was the coolest thing to see. All the sounds was quiet except for the crickets. I'm hoping we get to see some more of that action when we go back in May.

No comments: