A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I can't do this anymore...

So I was told by the Physical Medicine doc that I most likely had a herniated disc in my spine. I was fine with it, accepted it, and wanted to move forward with treatment. While I was at the doctor's, they took x-rays of my spine.

In yesterday's mail, there was a letter from my PCP with results from my spinal x-ray. It was pretty much everything I knew it would be except for the last sentence. It said "There is now evidence of spondylolisthesis". Ummm..OK...what is spondywhatever? I used my good friend WebMD, and I'm so frustrated now.

According to WebMD, Spondylolisthesis is the slipping of a VERTEBRAE in the spine. Not a disc, an actual vertebrae. Great. Basically what happens is one of the vertebrae slips over another, causing "shifting" in the spine. Most patients get the shift from front to back, but not me..no...I have it side to side. The spine isn't completely slipped to the point where my back is in two sets of vertebrae.

At this point, I lost it. This is the 4th diagnosis I've had for my back in the last year and a half. First it was Sciatica, then it was a lower back problem. Then it was a herniated disc, and now it's Spondylwhatchamacallit. I'm so done. I'm so tired of being jerked back and forth with different diagnoses and just want to feel better. I want to live my life without constant pain. I want to walk without my back looking like my body's in two halves on different sides. At this point, I don't care what they do. I'll have surgery, I'll have epidurals...I just want to be normal again.

No comments: