A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, February 2, 2009

In a word: Exhausted

I had one of the busiest weekends I think I've ever had.

Friday: I worked half the day, then was picked up by my lovely Aunt Julie to go to Sacramento for Megan's baby shower. We got there, checked into the hotel and had lunch at On the Border. We hung out with Meggie for a bit, then headed to her church for the shower. We played games, had cake and Meg opened baby gifts...A LOT of them! It took my mom and grandma 4 hours to get from San Jose to Sacramento, when it usually takes about 2.5. Gotta love the weekend traffic. On the way back to Meggie's house to unload gifts, we passed a rest home where apparently one of the patients had been hit by a car. Julie and I stopped, tried to help but were "told" (aka yelled at) by a fake RN (said she was an RN when she really wasn't) to leave. So we left, unloaded gifts at Megan's house, then went to the hotel where we promptly made a late night trip to Burger King since we were hungry.

Saturday: Woke up, had the complimentary breakfast the hotel offered, and checked out. We headed to Meg's for lunch and I volunteered to help her go through her gifts and put them away. We got through organizing them by size and items, but it was about 4pm by the time we were ready to put them away, so Meg did that after we left. I was dropped off at home by my mom and I immediately began cleaning the house for our Super Bowl party. I had that place spic n span by 10pm. I immediately fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

Sunday: Woke up at 7:45am and took a shower. Had "breakfast" that consisted of Doritos and various Super Bowl snacks that were set out. Jake and I decorated the house with red/white and black/yellow streamers in the living room and football themed plates, napkins and cups. It was a lot of fun since it was our very first party in the house. I just loved how clean the house was. I wish I could keep it like that forever.

By the time everyone left and the decor was taken down, I was exhausted. Jake and I watched Big Love on HBO while he did his homework on the laptop. I got into my jammies and went to bed. I love sleep.

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend...but exhausting. I would do it again though.

No comments: