A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Knowing a miracle

So as I try not to cry as I write this post...OK, already tears are falling...I have to look back on the past year.

A year ago on the 19th, after a long day of baby showers, trips to the Oakland airport and picking out a recliner, my water broke. 27 hours later, I got to hold a miracle. Today, our miracle is one year old. Yup, the tears are definitely flowing now.

If someone had told me 2 years ago, in the midst of medications and blood tests and the pain of every cycle going by without being pregnant that I'd be here, crying at my keyboard writing a post about how my daughter is turning one year old today, I would've told them they're headed for the loony bin. The journey seemed so endless, so hopeless. There were definitely times where I lost my sense of self-worth.

I wish I could say I had a flawless pregnancy, and I did up until about 24 weeks when I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. 3 weeks after, I was diagnosed with Hypertension brought on by pregnancy and needed to be closely monitored for fear of it turning into Preeclampsia.

At 1:34am, Jake and my life changed forever. We were no longer just husband and wife, but a Mommy and Daddy. In all her 6lb, 1oz glory, Scarlett entered our lives and our hearts. In everything we'd been through for the three years leading up to the pregnancy, she was many prayers answered, and a real-life miracle.

I know all babies are miracles, and they are. I truly believe every baby, be a living or angel baby is a miracle. I just felt so honored that she chose us as her parents. I would not change the past year for anything in the world because she is a part of that past year. Having her as our daughter is the most amazing gift I can imagine.

So on March 21st, 2011 at 1:34am, I got to hold a miracle and I'm so beyond happy that I still get too. If anything, she is proof that prayers never go unanswered.

Happy Birthday Scarlett! I love you more than you'll ever know!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so happy for you and your little family. Happy Birthday to Miss Scarlett. :D