A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Martha Stewart took over!

I can't believe the weekend is already over, yet again! Like most people, I am an avid fan of the 3-day weekend. Who isn't?

Between Jake and I, we got so much done this weekend around the house. Just to wrap my own head around the volume of tasks/stuff that got done, I need to list it.

Saturday:

-Errands to Target for baby stuff, OSH for new flowers and potting soil, Petsmart for cat food
-Goodwill run
-Potted the new flowers I bought from OSH for our front porch
-Baked Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip cookies
-Cleaned the bathroom and kitchen
-Organized Scarlett's clothes so the larger sizes are more accessible than being in the other drawers of her dresser

Sunday:
- Went to the Farmer's Market in San Rafael with Jake, and our friends Cara and Colin
- Had lunch with Jake and Scarlett at the Marin Brewing Company on the way home
- Baked blueberry muffins from scratch with the fresh blueberries from the Farmers Market
- Jake organized his closet, I organized my closet
-Folded the gigantic pile of clean laundry
-Vacuumed the entire house
- Sterilized Scarlett's binkies and nipples

Whew!
All the tasks at home really needed to be done and I have been itching to bake for a while. The house is really the cleanest it's been since before Scarlett was born.

I also have to give a shout out to one of the vendors at the Farmers Market. It's The Golden Waffle which makes Belgian waffles with pearl sugar. I had one on Sunday morning with Nutella smeared on the top...YUMMY!!!! It was soooo good. HERE is their website.

No comments: