A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin

Wow...how long has it been since I've posted a recipe!? Holy cow! Or in this case, Holy Pig!

I've been making more of an effort to post on the blog, and try new recipes. My goal is to try a new recipe at least once every two week, then get more ambitious and try a new one at least once a week. It could be a main dish, a side dish, dessert, or baked goodies (because we all know how great those are!)

I'm not a fan of the pork chop. I used to be until I saw a video on YouTube that changed everything (long story, don't ask). For some reason, though, pork loin doesn't bother me. So while on allrecipes.com, my go-to place for new ideas for meals, I stumbled across this recipe and thought I would share. It was dee-lish! :)

Balsamic Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Recipe by Melissa S. of allrecipes.com and photo by Lori L. of allrecipes.com

Prep Time: 5 mins (2 hours to marinade), Cook Time: 1 hour, TOTAL: 3 hrs. 5 mins.
Serves 4

1 lb pork tenderloin or roast
1 tablespoon steak seasoning rub
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup EVOO

1. Dissolve steak rub in balsamic vinegar, then stir in EVOO. Put pork into Ziploc bag and add marinade into bag with pork. Make sure the marinade covers the pork. Refridgerate for 2 hours (or overnight if you'd like).

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.

3. Put pork into glass baking dish along with the marinade. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, basting occasionally (if you can) until the center of the pork reaches 145 degrees F. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!


No comments: