A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Texas and 6 days left!

As most of you know, I have been out of town. Well, more out-of-state, really. Jake and I made our yearly trek to Texas to visit his Dad and Step-mom last week. I always enjoy going to visit them. Texas is like a different world. Of course as almost always happens when we go out there, our last night was met with a thunder storm that was really cool to watch because you're able to see it even though it's two cities over. We got to see the Dallas Cowboys new stadium (from the freeway, and it looked like a giant marshmallow) and Six Flags over Arlington (we didn't go because Jake didn't want to ride anything by himself). All in all, we had fun.

Yesterday also marked ONE WEEK until Jake and I find out if our Smithling is a boy or girl. I'm excited, but also a little scared. It's one more step to the whole thing being real and I've been having some strange dreams...one of which was last night where I was only 4 months along and in labor. But I was in labor in an old folks home-like place where the nurse was giving the bed next to mine to someone and they were cleaning old leaves and stuff out of that bed and putting it on top of mine. That and my entire family was there watching me go through contractions. Yeah...I was a little freaked out.

I also failed my one-hour glucose screening and have to do the 3-hour test on Saturday. That means I'll have to have my blood drawn 3-4 times and I can't leave the lab until the final draw is done. Yeah...not a fan.

Wish me luck!

No comments: