A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RE phone appt

I just got off the phone with my RE about 10 minutes ago. He remembered that Jake and I moved into a house in January. That scored him major points. Of all the patients he has, he remembered that small comment I made at my last appointment. :)

Then it was down to business. I told him how much weight I had lost. He is proud of me. He said "what better motivator than to try and have a baby, right?" Right. Because I know if I'm not motivated now, I'll never be motivated.

So the plan is: he wants me to start 150mg of Clomid for 5 days to see if I ovulate. On CD 21, 22, or 23, I am to have a blood test (yay for me) to see how my Progesterone figures look. We are not going to be doing any IUIs this month, but the RE said "don't let the fact that we're not doing any inseminations this month keep you and Jake from trying on your own." Jake and I are doing everything in our power to make sure things work better. I feel better. I had felt in a rut for a while now because we were at a stand still...again. But now, as of tomorrow when I get my medications, we're back on track. And it's a track we chose.

We chose to start where we left off. It's a track where the doctors are there, helping us. I'm not doing ALL the research and suggesting tests. I am not the only one between myself and the doctors who is making the effort to keep this going. A proverbial load has been lifted from my shoulders. I feel so much lighter right now. The sun is a little brighter. My smile is a little wider.

Everything is going to be OK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say, that it's more important to have the progesterone test done 7 days after you O then on a specific cycle day. So lets say you don't O until CD 18 you'd want to get your progesterone checked on CD 25.
Good luck this cycle!!!