A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Lost weight?

I had a good weekend, first off. I went with my mom and Grandma to the cemetery where my grandfather is buried. Friday was the anniversary of his death and I haven't been there in a couple of years. It was time. Then we went to lunch in Redwood City and I left. I went to Summer's house, picked her and Skyler up and then went Christmas shopping with them to finish up my list. I got home and wrapped Jake's gifts right away so they wouldn't be sitting in open ground to be found by his snooping ;). Sunday, we slept in and then he got up and went to finish his Christmas shopping for my gifts. He got home, wrapped his gifts for me and we put everything under the tree. We sort of just hung out at the house for the rest of the day. Towards 4:30-5pm, I decided I wanted to take a small rainy-day walk to Starbucks down the street. So, Jake and I bundled up and walked to SB, ordered coffee (and a blueberry muffin for me) and then we walked home. It was such a relaxing day...very foreign to us since we're always cleaning or going somewhere.

But anyways, the reason for my post: I've had 4 separate people tell me I look like I've lost weight in 2 days time. First, it was my Grandma when I saw her...then this morning a client walked into the office who has seen me before and said it, then Lynn and Summer agreed. I don't see it. I admit, my appetite has decreased a little, but not that much. I guess it comes with the territory of seeing yourself every day. That and I don't have a full length mirror anywhere, so I don't really see my body. I guess I should just keep on what I'm doing...because I guess it's working. :)

3 comments:

Megan :) said...

Yay for you!! You have been looking really great since you started on your journey to health. ;) I can't wait till people start saying that I look like I'm losing weight. LOL! Seriously...this kid has got to come out! hahaha. See you in a few days!!!
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Good for you! That's wonderful!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Ditto Patty! Good for you! And yes, sometimes it is hard to see it on yourself and easier for others, especially those that don't see you every day!