A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Good news!

I went to my physical therapist today about my back. He put me in the traction machine (pulls your hips down to help align the spine), and it was LOVELY!!! I could feel the pull and I loved every second of it. I almost fell asleep on the table/bed. He said my mobility in my right leg is getting better, and my hip mobility isn't detereorating, so that's good.

So..the good news? I don't have scoliosis. We discussed the curve in my spine and my concerns of what it might be. He said it's 99% chance of a weight-bearing curve since when I lay on my stomach and bend down my spine is perfectly straight. He says it's very treatable, but it all depends on what works. It means I could need anything from additional physical therapy to epidural shots to surgery. I've been given a referral to the Physical Medicine Dept. and they're waiting for me to call my PCP to accept the referral and schedule the appointment. It's about a 2-3 week wait at this point, but I'm willing to wait and continue with my exercises everyday.

I'm just glad it's not anything too serious...but it's still painful. This gives me even more drive to lose weight so I can recuperate faster.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers...they're working! :)

1 comment:

K @ Running Through Life said...

Yay for good news! Good luck on healing.

I don't know if you are into motivation and weight loss sites but Scale Junkie's Healthy You Challenge is awesome! www.scalejunkie.com