A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yay for taxes

Jake and I just got notification today from CTEC that our applications to be licensed tax preparers in the state of California have been successfully processed and accepted. We are now OFFICIALLY licensed California Tax Preparers...

It's funny where life leads you. My mom has been in the accounting field since before I was born. Seeing what she does, and my disdain for math made me swear up and down I'd never become professionally acquainted with the accounting and tax fields. But...of course, that changed. I still hate math mind you, but now I guess my mom's history got the best of me. :)

Summer and I are still waiting to hear from the state about our notary licenses...they take FOREVER!

Tomorrow is also Lynn's birthday. Summer, Jake and I all went in on this GORGEOUS bottle and glasses set that a friend of ours made. The bottle and glasses are made from green and brown glass with very pretty artistic burgundy and gold paint on it...it's tough to explain. I'm making everyone enchiladas for dinner...but...

I'm itching to try the recipe I got yesterday at the shower: Lady Godiva Chocolate Cake...just saying the words is making my blood sugar skyrocket, hehehehehehe. It's funny to me...seeing all the neat gadgets and doodads Lori and Katie got yesterday has inspired me to become more domestic. But of course that would mean having a kitchen with more than a foot of counterspace (no joke...that's how much we have)...

The Big Clean is happening, slowly but surely. I'm not sure if we'll make our Yard Sale deadline of August 16th, but I will sure as heck try. Here's keeping the fingers crossed...

No comments: