A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blown away...once again

I've always been one to offer a lot of support for others, not to toot my own horn honestly. I've also never been one to ask for support from others, or try to involve others in my personal business.

Of course, trying to become a parent throws those "morals" out the window to a certain degree. I've been needing support from others who have been in my shoes, or are going through similar experiences as Jake and I. Fortunately, I've learned family and my new-found friends have given me just that.

I've always been a little distant from my cousins on my Dad's side of the family to a certain extent. I guess it's because there's a pretty decent jump in age between them and I. I've always been a little too young to relate to what they've been through. Of course, now that I'm older and more open with my experiences and what Jake and I have been through, I've been feeling closer to them. Today when I was at Katie and Lori's shower, one of my cousins talked to me for a few minutes about becoming a mother, and the troubles with pregnancy. It felt genuinely nice to be able to have someone relate with me like that. For the first time in a REALLY long time, I didn't feel alone. I've been feeling alone a lot in this race to baby. Family never ceases to amaze me in that there is always a way a person you never expected can completely (or mostly) relate to your current situation. Once again, I'm blown away by the amazing people I have the privilege (sp?) to call family. I guess we're all in the same boat now. We're all pretty much married, and soon I'll be joining the mommy club...I feel closer to them now than I have before, and I'm glad. I love my family more than I could ever say, and they're the most important people in the world to me.

Of course in joining the Nest, I've made a lot of new friends too. I've found a completely amazing group of ladies I'm proud to call friends. It's great to relate on everything from work to mommyhood to husbands, to vacations...everything. I count myself extremely lucky to have the kind of people I do surrounding me.

I have dozens of more blessings (family and friends) I can count every day...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs that kind of support, and I am really glad you have it in your life.

:) You're going to make a great parent!