A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First post: A year after the wedding

Well it's been a whole year since Jake and I got married. Wow...a whole year. Where in the heck did the time go? We've been through A LOT in the past year, and my mom never ceases to remind me of how far we've gotten. We got married, went on a honeymoon (my first internation travel EVER), dealt with the death of my grandmother, moved an hour away, started a new business, became and aunt and uncle, and I was in my cousin's wedding. Wow...that's a lot, even to type in this post.

For our first wedding anniversary, of course we had big dreams of a romantic getaway for the weekend with nothing but room service, massages, and each other. Then timing and money seemed to say "Run Away!!" to us, and before we knew it...it was a week before our anniversary. We ended up going to Monterey for the day of, and went to the aquarium, 17 mile drive and even to the spot where Jake proposed. It was fun, but cold. We were scheduled to leave the next day for Texas to visit Jake's Dad for a belated surprise birthday gift. (Pics and post to be written/shown later). So, I figured some pictures would be appropriate, so here we go. (Drum roll please...)





Jake and Laurel married May 19th, 2007


Jake and Laurel: one year later



Well, there you have it. We are officially an old married couple...hahahahaha!!! Just kidding.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Congratulations on your very 1st Anniversay!