A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So, there's an explanation

So I know I've been MIA...but there's a REALLY good reason...I PROMISE.

Right now, I have two jobs. Let me explain...

I work for my MIL, and when I went into labor and had the baby, it was the middle of tax season, which is our main business. By the time it was time for me to come back to work, tax season was over and MIL wanted to keep our part-time tax preparer. So about a week before I was due back to work, MIL asked me what my plans were - to come back to work part time and work my way up to full time, or come back full time straight off the bat. I chose the latter. It was later revealed that she had decided there wasn't enough work for me to do, and that I would need to either just work part time until she deemed it necessary to increase my hours, or find another part time job. I instantly was given an email from a tax client who is the office manager at an engineering firm that is pretty local. Within two days of contacting her, I was hired. So now I have two jobs.

Now on top of that, at Job #1 (MIL's company), I got a BIG client that requires my presence at their office 2 days a week in the afternoons. So here's my weekly schedule:

Monday: Job #1 (8:30-12:45) then Job #2 (1-5)
Tuesday: Job #1 (8:30 - 1:45) then Job #1 Client (2-5)
Wednesday: Job #1 (8:30-12:45) then Job #2 (1-5)
Thursday: Job #1 (8:30-1:45) then Job #1 Client (2-5)
Friday: Job #1 (8:30-12:45) then Job #2 (1-5)

Now on tope of this, here was our weekends for the month of July:

4th of July weekend
9th/10th - My Dad's birthday weekend
16th/17th - went camping in Tahoe
23rd/24th - Scarlett's Baptism then our nephew's birthday party

As you can probably tell...I'm a wee bit EXHAUSTED!!! In the middle of working a crazy schedule, having a teething 4-month old, weekend obligations and trying to catch up on sleep, I havent had much time for blogging. I do apologize from the bottom of my heart...I really do.

I missed Scarlett's 4-month letter, which I hope to post soon. I also want to share pictures of her Baptism, so please bear with me. I love you all!

No comments: