A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, January 15, 2010

See the new ticker?

I decided measuring the time by a ticker who has no clue of the circumstances of trying for a baby when you have PCOS was stupid. So, I changed it to a happier ticker.

I can't believe it's been that long since Jake and I tied the knot! On March 16th, Jake and I will be together as a couple of 5 solid years. I've heard of people being together for that long, but never imagined when it would be our turn.

I also turned 26 last Tuesday. I'm now in my "late 20's" which I don't mind. I know the thought of turning 30 will freak me out at some point, but I think Jake did enough freaking out when he turned 30 back in August for the both of us. I'm not too worried about it.

Jake also has been notified that he has received straight A's for this past semester and his transcripts were given to SF State. We will hear within a month if Jake has been accepted. He will walk for graduation with his AA in Psychology in May.

The new house is good. We're getting more and more comfortable with it every day. I sleep so hard in that house and the kitties are pretty darn comfortable too. We did have a small incident with Neebs while we were packing up. We had two cat carriers. One was small enough to carry one cat. The other was big enough to carry two. We decided to put Chloe in the one small carrier and Neebs and MJ in the bigger one. Since Neebs was the one who wasn't hiding, he was easier to grab and put in the carrier. So we did and thought the door was secure. We're trying to get Chloe out from her corner she was hiding and hear this "BANG!". I see the cat carrier door open and Neebs coming out with this shocked look on his face. So I calmly walk up to him and put him back in his carrier. When we finally got MJ in the bigger carrier and I check all three to see how they're holding up. I noticed there's a little blood on Neebs' nose. I guess what had happened was when he sprang loose from the carrier, the locking bars on the door, which were spring latched, sprang up and scraped a full layer of skin off half of his nose. So Jake and I wet a paper towel, wiped his nose and watched him for the rest of the day to make sure it wasn't bothering him. He was pretty oblivious to it for the most part. Now, it's all scabbed up and healing great. He's still our "lovey Bub" and is as talkative and social as he always has been. I didn't take a picture of his "battle wound" because I didn't want to gross anyone out. But Neebs is fine, thank goodness.

No comments: